Books About Near Death Experiences: Recommended [Top 10]
What are interesting books on near-death experiences? Here is a list of recommendations, including the most iconic book, Life After This Life. Read along…
The top 10 best books about near-death
Criteria for compiling these recommended books
Our editors have carefully read as many as possible books about this subject. Then, they used the following criteria for choosing the best picks:
- The literary quality of the books.
- The amount of books sold worldwide.
- The professional reviews in newspapers.
- The expertise and experience from the author.
- The quality of the examples, knowledge and practicality
- The actuality and whether the information is useful or too old.
- Our editor’s opinions: they have read and judged the books extensively.
Full disclosure: as Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
1.After: A Doctor Explores What Near-Death Experiences Reveal about Life and Beyond
Most people normally think that death is the end of their existence. We chose this book in our top 10 because it looks at it from another perspective: Near-Death Experiences (NDE’s). When reading this book, you will discover how some scientific research about this could interpret it in a whole other way.
2.Imagine Heaven: Near-Death Experiences, God’s Promises, and the Exhilarating Future That Awaits You
All of us long to know what life after death will be like. Therefore, Imagine Heaven is in our top 10. Bestselling author John Burke compares over 100 gripping stories of near-death experiences (NDEs) to what Scripture says about our biggest questions of Heaven, such as: Will I be myself? Will I see friends and loved ones?
3.Near Death in the ICU: Stories from Patients Near Death and Why We Should Listen to Them
If you are interested in near-death experiences, we highly recommend this book. It is a collection of stories coming from patients who went through this. They suffered from serious illnesses and injuries. These stories challenge the way we think about death and the same goes for our thoughts on our physical bodies.
4.Embraced by the Light: The Most Profound and Complete Near-Death Experience Ever
The author of this book experienced a near-death experience and sets out in detail the most remarkable details. She officially died during surgery, but we think her story tells us much more than that. She as a person is actually proof of the fact that there is life after death.
5.The Place Between Here and There: A True and Beautiful Near Death Experience
We think that this book let’s you find peace if you are grieving over the loss of a loved one. The book lets you wonder if all you see is all there is. It offers you insights based on near-death experiences and it brings out the inspiration that is inside all of us.
6.The Purpose of Life as Revealed by Near-Death Experiences from Around the World
As time passes, there are more an more people who claim they have experienced a near-death experience. In this book you will find a collection of the best stories. It lets you think about the truths of near-death experiences and how you can make the best of them in your daily life.
7.Answers about the Afterlife: A Private Investigator’s 15-Year Research Unlocks the Mysteries of Life after Death
Whether you’re grieving the loss of a loved one, or pondering your own mortality, in our opinion this book will leave you feeling less fear about death. Unlock the mysteries of life after death and explore the enlightening discoveries of a private investigator’s 15-year investigation. This book is answering 150 questions about what happens when we die.
8.Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife
Dr. Eben Alexander, a highly trained neurosurgeon, knew that NDEs feel real, but are simply fantasies. Then, his own brain was attacked by a rare illness. This book is in our top 10 because Alexander describes his journey beyond this world while his body lay in coma. He encountered an angelic being who guided him into super-physical existence.
9.Afterlife Adventures: Life After Death Stories | What Happens when We Die | Is there Proof?
This book is our pick, because it contains several stories of people who indicate that they had a near-death experience. In addition to these experiences, this book also describes what happens after them. You will find out what the experiences are from a wide variety of people. From those who passed from an accident to many more.
10.To Heaven and Back: A Doctor’s Extraordinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels, and Life Again: A True Story
In our opinion, this book perfectly describes what happened once the author died, when she moved to eternal life and then back. She describes a remarkable story of meeting angels. The book contains a lot of details about feelings in the hereafter. The same goes for the surroundings.
The # 1 Book: Life After This Life – People’s Experiences During Their Clinical Death
In recent decades, more and more stories have been told about people’s near-death experiences. RA Moody collects the experiences of several people in the book ‘Life after this life.’ An extensively researched, well-researched and concrete book.
If you read the descriptions of the study, you can find that most of the descriptions match exactly.
(…) A loud buzz or ringing. Suddenly he is suddenly sucked away at great speed into a dark tunnel. No fear or panic. At the end, beautiful, irresistibly super-terrestrial light shines. The closer to the light, the more liberated from earthly burdens. An indescribable feeling of happiness takes hold of him (…)
Let’s also take a look at 10 other recommendations about near-death experiences …
The top 10 with other interesting books on near-death experiences
- Pim van Lommel’s Endless Awareness is comparable to RA Moody’s book, but then the 62 NDE (Near Death Experience) cases come from our own Netherlands.
- Consciousness Beyond Life – The Science of the Near-Death Experience
- Dying To Be Me – My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
- Near Death Experiences – and the Search for the Light. In addition to the scientific perspective, this book also includes the religious vision.
- Near Death Experiences and World Religions – Evidence for a Universal Truth
- Proof of Heaven – A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife. The Dutch title is: After this life – a neurosurgeon on his journey to the afterlife. This book hit the international news and is about a doctor who wouldn’t believe anything about the afterlife until he had a near-death experience himself in 2008.
- DMT: The Spirit Molecule – A Doctor’s Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences. This book presents itself in a less down-to-earth way, but it is indeed a concrete account of a carefully conducted research.
- Imagine Heaven – Near-Death Experiences, God’s Promises, and the Exhilarating Future That Awaits You. This book takes the Bible as a framework for NDEs.
- To Heaven and Back – A Doctor’s Extraordinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels, and Life Again
- Journey Of Souls: Case Studies Of Life Between Lives