Complete List Of Virtues & Qualities [Including Explanation]
Are you looking for an explanation and an extensive list of good, strong and positive personal qualities, virtues and (character) characteristics? Read on for the list of core values /virtues, including a link to a detailed explanation!
What are core qualities (good qualities)?
Qualities are a person’s strengths. In other words: they are competencies and positive (character) traits that someone is good at. Core qualities also directly count as values because they are something positive that people like to strive for. That is why they are sometimes called core values.
When should you show and develop these qualities?
For example during career coaching it is often recommended to assess your own characteristics with a test, after which you can focus on improving some core qualities, so that you are ultimately suitable for, for example, a job in healthcare or education.
Also, many core qualities are useful / required in all types of work, as professional behavior is often expected at work.
However, work and career is not the only context for which you need to use good qualities. In fact, virtues like happiness, love, and kindness don’t need a reason to be used at all.
Virtues like happiness, love and kindness don’t need a reason.
All properties with examples, detailed explanations and tips
- Flexibility – This is a proactive trait (tips & examples)
- Assertiveness: How to Set & Indicate Limits? Examples, 11 Tips & Meaning
- Being Considerate [Meaning & Tips]
- Authenticity & Sincerity: Features & Meaning
- Being Thoughtful, Considered & Thoughtful [Quality]
- Reliability tips & explanation (reliable person)
- Helpfulness: tips & examples of this quality
- Developing Decisiveness: How You Show This Competency
- Communication: 14 Tips To Communicate Better & Clearer
- Compassion – This is called ‘Metta’ in Sanskrit [Explanation]
- Concentration Tips: This Easily Keeps You Concentrated
- Conscientious / Conscientious: Significance Of This Property
- Creativity – 17 Tips To Boost Your Creativity
- Be Grateful and Show Gratitude: 13 Tips to Use Right Now!
- Service meaning: what is service? (+ 8 tips)
- Discipline: 16 Proven Tips & Theories [Willpower]
- Purposefulness: Make your dream come true? [26 Smart Tips] How to achieve your goal 100%
- Show honesty: meaning and explanation (tips and examples)
- Enthusiasm tips: how to come across as enthusiastic!
- Getting and keeping focus: this is how you do it [8 important tips]
- Get Patience: Never get impatient again with 12 golden tips
- Helicopter View Meaning & 7 Smart Tips For This Quality
- Hope: Meaning & Quotes About this Property
- Teaching humor? 34 Best Tips: This Is How You Can Be Funny [HowTo]
- Zeal: Meaning & Characteristics Of Zealous People
- Increase empathy: Learn empathy with 73 tips & phrases
- Develop & Follow Intuition? 89 Practical Tips!
- Vulnerability: All Brene Brown’s Imperfection Tips [Summary]
- Love = Self Love: Increase Self-Acceptance? 26 tips for loving yourself!
- Loyalty and being faithful to someone: meaning & tips
- Balance: don’t shoot into extremes, but be firmly balanced
- Showing Courage: How Can You Be Courageous? Explanation & Tips
- Humility & Modesty Meaning: How Do You Be Humble?
- Selflessness – What Is Altruism?
- No judgment – These 14 tips make it easy!
- Optimism: Characteristics, Spell & Affirmation [Quality]
- Being proactive: Tips for a proactive attitude (examples)!
- Justice meaning: what is an example of a righteous person?
- Relativizing: Meaning, Examples & 7 Tips
- Respect, how do you show it? (Examples) 11 respect lessons
- Being Social – 37 Tips [Improving Social Skills] [List]
- Communicating tactfully: how? Tact show meaning & tips!
- Develop satisfaction? 7 tips you did not know [directly applicable]
- Tolerance and Acceptance [9+ Tips] Spiritual Wonder For Tolerance
- Resilience & Mental Resilience: Meaning & Characteristics
- Taking responsibility, how do you do that? Tips and examples
- Forgiveness: How do you forgive someone? 8 Tips, Meaning & Exercises
- Building Trust Within A Team: 10 Powerful Steps
- Peacefulness meaning: How do you become peaceful?
- Kindness Meaning & 16 Tips! [How do you become nice?]
- Generosity Meaning & Characteristics Generous Person [Tips]
- Wisdom Meaning: What is Wisdom? [Virtue / Philosophy]
- Self-Control – What Are the Characteristics of This Quality?
- Increase self-confidence? 56 super tips to use now (List!)
- Caring Personality Traits: How Do You Become a Caring Person? 9 tips
Daniel Ofman’s work: The core quadrants
Daniel Ofman came up with the core quadrants. This model clearly reveals people’s (core) qualities, pitfalls, challenges and allergies. Ofman thus establishes connections between the different core qualities (properties).
More examples of virtues and qualities
- Accurate & precise
- Alert and vigilant
- Thoughtful & deliberate
- Conscientious & Conscientious
- Harmonious, in unity & together
- Innovative and innovative
- Calm and calm
- Accommodating and docile
- Be brave
- Open, receptive & candid
- Orderly, systematic & structured
- Accessible & approachable
To your success!