Optimism: Definition, Characteristics, Quotes & Affirmation
What is optimism? What are the characteristics of this core quality? Here you will find a list of characteristics of optimism. Read along and find out all about optimism…
What is optimism and what are its characteristics?
Important features of optimism are:
- Optimism means that you view things in a positive and happy way.
- With optimism, you can keep hope, while others may have long given up hope. Nothing can destroy your hope.
- People with optimism believe that success and good things will always outweigh failure and bad things.
- You know that being a victim is not an option for you.
- You face all challenges with confidence and strength.
- You are proactive . In other words, you solve problems instead of complaining.
- You see what is possible, even if it is currently dark times.
An optimist is a guy who believes a housefly is looking for a way to get out.
– George Jean Nathan, American writer
Why should you be optimistic?
Optimists achieve the impossible – unlike pessimists, who achieve nothing. Have you ever seen successful pessimists? Statues are never made for pessimists who criticize others. Be optimistic.
Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it comes the closest to wisdom.
– Stephen Colbert
The best has yet to come!
– Robert Browning
Beautiful sayings about optimism
Helen Keller was blind and deaf. Yet she has done great things as a writer and activist, thanks to her optimism. Read the following statement from her:
No pessimist has ever discovered the secrets of the stars, sailed to an undiscovered land, or opened a new heaven to the human soul.
Here is another great quote about optimism:
True optimism is aware of problems but recognizes solutions; knows about difficulties but believes they can be overcome; sees the negative things but accentuates the positive things; has been exposed to the worst but expects the best; has reasons to complain but chooses to laugh.
– William Arthur Ward
Also read the quote below about optimism from poet, philosopher and artist Kahlil Gibran …
The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns. The pessimist stares at the thorns and is unaware of the rose.
– Kahlil Gibran
The world is changing so fast these days that the person who says something cannot be done is usually interrupted by someone doing it.
– Elbert Hubbard
Affirm your optimism
Read the sentence below aloud:
I am optimistic and I show it every day. My optimism applauds me in life. This increases my energy, allowing me to ignite others with my optimism. I am grateful for this.
The original work? View the cards of the virtues project
The virtues project is the original initiative to spread as many virtues in the world as possible.
To your success!