Hope: Meaning, Quotes & Poems [Inspirational]
How can you have and keep hope? In this article you will find quotes, poems and a meaning of hope. Read along…
What is Hope?
Let’s get an understanding of what hope is through the bullets below:
- Hope means that you look to the future with confidence and faith.
- You could also call it optimism in case of adversity.
- This gives you the confidence to try again and again.
- You stay positive.
- You believe in the value and joy of (the little things of) life.
- You trust that you will succeed.
- You absorb the lessons of life.
- You hold on no matter what the circumstances.
Why is hope important?
- Hope gives you the courage to continue in the face of adversity. Without hope, you lose the will to enjoy life fully.
- It can sometimes seem a long way to have hope, especially if you have had serious setbacks and have suffered a lot. Despite that, hope is what can always fulfill your dreams.
- Thanks to hope, you know that you are not alone: you know that you will always get help when you ask for it.
Quotes about hope
Those who do not hope to win have already lost.
– José Joaquín de Olmedo
Strong hope is a much greater stimulus to life than any joy realized.
– Friedrich Nietzsche
The least you can do in life is find out what you hope for. And the best thing you can do is live in that hope. Not admiring that hope from a distance, but actually living in it, under its roof.
– Barbara Kingslover
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.
– Tupac Shakur
Poems about hope
Look here for beautiful poems about hope.
Hope in the Bible
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and evidence of things not seen.
– Hebrews 11: 1
For in hope we have been saved. Hope now being seen is not hope. After all, what someone sees, why would he still hope?
– Romans 8:24
Rejoice in the hope. Be patient in tribulation. Persevere in prayer.
– Romans 12:12
The symbol of hope
There is no one universal symbol for hope. So your symbol for hope can be anything. Choose a symbol for yourself that best arouses the feeling of hope for you.
Finally, affirm your hope
Read the sentence below aloud:
I have the source of hope in me. Here I am grateful drill. My hope is the light of my life.
The original work? View the cards of the virtues project
The virtues project is the original initiative to spread as many virtues in the world as possible
To your success!