Noble Silence: Why It Is So Powerful [Inspiration]
Maybe you have discovered the power of noble silence and maybe you want to introduce more silence into your life. In this article we will discuss the power of silence – and as some say so beautifully, noble silence. Read along…
A story about the power of silence
Read the story below about the power of silence:
A nun was visited by two travelers. “Why should we be quiet?” The nun drew a bucket of water from the well. “Look down the well and tell me what you see.” “What should we see?” The water was restless. The sister asked again after a few minutes , “Look again in the well and tell me what you see.” “We see the reflection of ourselves.”
That is the power of silence. The bucket in the water made it restless for a while. But when the water settled, they could see themselves. You can see Yourself through the silence of meditation. To be precise: yourself with a capital letter.
“Take another look in the water. What else do you see?” “We see the stones at the bottom.” The nurse nodded and smiled. “If you wait long enough and become one with the silence, you can see the essence of everything. Your mind is like water. In agitation it is difficult to see through the surface. In complete tranquility everything becomes clear . Do not understand the silence. because that would be more chatter. You can only experience it when the mind becomes silent . “
When peace returns to the water, clarity arises and you can fathom your innermost thoughts.
– Heard on the Master Your Mindset Podcast
Noble silence: be alert and present in the silence
Eckhart Tolle describes noble / noble silence as follows: be present in the silence. Otherwise it’s just silence. In other words: love the silence and be amazed at everything you perceive in it.
Do you want to discover everything about silence? Read these articles …
Throughout this website there are all kinds of articles containing beautiful pieces about silence. Click on the articles below and use the search function (ctrl + f for Windows and command + f for Mac) to keep looking up the word ‘silence’.
- Guided Meditation Texts [List Of 20+ Guided Meditations]
- Stop Worrying & Compulsive Thoughts Stop? (39 Tips!)
- Live in the here and now? 26 ways, tips & insights (being in the moment)
- Pointing To The Moon: Actions Say More Than Words [Important]
- How to Meditate? 23 Meditation & Mindfulness Tips [Learning to Meditate]
- Awareness: meaning, clear explanation & simple insights [19 tips]
- Mindfulness Exercises: 87 Simple Mindfulness Techniques
- Intuition / 6th Sense Develop & Follow? 96 Practical Tips!
- Invoke angels? 64 tips for contact with angels & guides
- Non-duality: meaning and clear explanation (Advaita)
- Mindful in nature: This is how you learn mindfulness & meditation from nature!
On your luck!