What Is EFT Tapping (Emotional Freedom Techniques)? All Steps!
What is the EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) method ? How does tapping work and how does such a treatment work? In this article you will learn how to apply this technique yourself.
How does EFT work?
With EFT you are doing a quick mini acupuncture session on yourself. You push open a number of energy nodes (meridians), which is called tapping. This allows the energy system in your body to flow again.
What are the steps for EFT?
Stefan Gonick demonstrates the technique in the video below. The steps are also written out below this video.
The steps outlined:
- Determine the specific situation that has not been processed or that is bothering you. This can be a past, unprocessed situation or the current situation where you are now (for example, for a sports performance).
Ask the following questions about this:
– What specific emotion do you feel?
– When was that (the last time)?
– Who’s all involved?
– What is going on?
– How long did it take?
– Where specifically in your body do you feel the emotion?
Now we already have enough, but if necessary also question the structure of the subjective experience with coaching questions.
- Determine how strong the emotion is on a scale from 1 to 10.
- Relive the emotion while simply speaking all of the above and adding acceptance. Start with ‘Even though …’. For example: ‘ Even though I feel this fear in my throat, thinking about the time when I was up there at that height, I accept myself 100% .
- Continuously repeat this phrase as you tap all the nodes of your body. The areas are in order:
– The karate spot on your hand
– Between your eyebrows
– The side of your eyes
– Under your eyes
– Under your nose
– On your chin
– On your chest
– 10 centimeters below your armpits
– On top of your head
- Now feel how strong the emotion is on a scale from 1 to 10. If it is below 3, then you are done. Life doesn’t have to be perfect. Otherwise, you will just tap some rounds again.
- When you are done, take a deep breath and drink water. When the next emotion comes: immediately tap again!
Why should I do EFT?
One of the biggest reasons for doing EFT is that it is very simple and short. Is there still a few minutes to go before you are faced with a (sports) performance or a presentation? Then it’s just a matter of tapping your fingers a few times, expressing acceptance and you’re done!
Watch the video below how athletes apply this
This was the article on EFT. Let us know in the comments if you also use it like the Olympic athletes!