51 Bucket List Ideas & Inspiration [Best, Original & Simple Ideas]
What is a bucket list and how can you make one yourself? Here you will find the best tips, ideas and inspiration for your bucket list. Read more…
Bucket list meaning
What is a Bucket List? If you have never heard of the term “bucket list”, here is the meaning:
A bucket list is a list of all the fun goals you want to achieve, dreams you want to fulfill, and life experiences you want to experience before you die. It is like as if you were the highlights of your life implants .
Why make a bucket list?
If you do not pay attention to your beautiful goals and plans, chances are that you will be caught in the grind of daily activities most of your time.
Ever felt like your days are passing by without any tangible result? What have you achieved in the past month?
Look at the things you have done and the things you plan to do: do they have any meaning if you suddenly died today? Having a bucket list reminds you of what is really important to you so that you can act accordingly.
Create your bucket list with the inspiration in the following paragraphs
If you don’t have a bucket list, I highly recommend making one. How much will it be? Zero euros. How long will it take? Probably 30 minutes to an hour. What benefit do you have from it? You then know exactly what you want from life.
Some people tend to opt for a feasible bucket list, but feasibility is not the point of a bucket list . Your bucket list is intended as a list of everything you want to achieve, do, see, feel and experience in your life.
Think of as many items as you can. The items should be things you haven’t done yet. Don’t stop until you have at least 101 things !
14 inspiration questions for your bucket list
Start by writing down what comes to mind as you read these questions:
- What if you died tomorrow? What do you wish you could do before you die?
- What would you do if you had unlimited time, money and resources?
- What have you always wanted to do but haven’t done yet?
- Are there countries, places or locations you want to visit?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- What do you want to see in person?
- What performance do you want to achieve?
- What experiences do you want to have / feel?
- Are there any special moments you want to experience?
- What activities or skills do you want to learn or try?
- What are the most important things you can do?
- What would you like to say / do with other people? People you love? Family? Friends?
- Are there certain individuals (celebrities, famous people, world leaders) that you would like to meet in person?
- What do you want to achieve in the different areas of your life : Social, Love, Family, Career, Finance, Health, Mental?
If you find yourself stuck, chances are you are mentally censoring yourself. Let go of that censorship – your bucket list is meant to be a list of everything you want to achieve, do, see, feel and experience in your life.
37 bucket list ideas
The above paragraph gave you inspiration to think for yourself. In addition, this section contains examples of bucket list ideas to supplement your list.
- Travel around the world.
- Making a film.
- Climb a mountain.
- Giving a presentation in front of a large hall of 1,000+ people.
- Throwing a mega party.
- Learning a new instrument.
- Take a road trip.
- Give someone a big, beautiful surprise.
- Being a mentor to someone.
- Following your dream.
- Starting your own business.
- Singing to an audience.
- Befriend a stranger.
- Change the world. To contribute something great to the world, for example in the form of a good deed.
- Helping someone who really needs it.
- Pack your bags and go anywhere in the world without knowing in advance where it will be.
- Realizing your dream home.
- Business class flying.
- Visit an amusement park in America – where they not only have 3x more roller coasters, but where the roller coasters are also 3x higher and scarier.
- Recognize your twin flame and share your feelings for him / her.
- To ski.
- Diving and getting close to nature in the sea.
- Horse riding.
- Do an extreme sport, such as skydiving.
- Many people think that an amazing summer vacation is one of the best bucket list ideas.
- A great bucket list holiday with friends.
- A drinking holiday.
- Achieve your ideal weight.
- Running a marathon.
- Participate in a triathlon.
- Become a master in a new sport.
- Learning a new trade.
- Get a pet.
- To publish a book.
- Throw a big party with all your friends
- Have your portrait drawn
- Learn your favorite foreign language.
Create bucket list online (+ thousands of extra ideas)
Have you ever heard of bucketlist.org ? This allows you to create and maintain your own bucket list, while also getting inspiration from all other users.
On your luck!